It's All for You
Participate in the Lunar New Year Festival. Celebrate API Heritage Month. Help organize a workshop. Get paired with a peer mentor to help you adjust to college life. Apply for a work-study job. Use our computers for your next paper. Hang out between classes. Attend a cultural show. Join a student group. Ask questions, and get answers. Build leadership skills. Sing at Karaoke night. Most of all, get involved, and have fun!
To participate in or help organize any programs and services below, stop by 244 Costo Hall, or contact Esther Kim at (951) 827-7272 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Asian American Programs, Services and Organizations
APSP works with other campus ethnic and gender offices to build community, establish positive working relationships and develop joint projects. Student leaders attend UCR’s Common Ground Retreat, where student leaders from various backgrounds gather to define points of connection and develop collective responses to issues affecting UCR.
- Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month – Participate in this month-long celebration to honor our heritage each May. Activities have included karaoke, drummers, luaus, musical and dance productions, open-mic nights, banquets, guest speakers, games, discussions and cultural shows.
- Fall Welcome – Help APSP kick off the new academic year and welcome new students with music, student organization tables and friendly smiles.
- Film Screenings & Movie Nights – Grab the popcorn and join us for movies – sometimes just for fun and sometimes to screen culturally significant films for thought, discussion and support of Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander artists.
- Finals Week Study Breaks – Join other students during finals week for some much-needed breaks. Laugh, have fun, unwind and then get back to work.
- Guest Speakers – Hear guest speakers throughout the year present information on an array of topics related to Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander issues and celebrations.
- Hump Day Celebration – Join the potluck, music and fun as we celebrate the middle day of the middle week of the middle quarter as the halfway point in the academic year. This celebration also marks the beginning of the recruitment, hiring and training cycle for the following year's student staff and volunteers.
- Leadership & Service Awards Banquet – Come together each June to honor student leaders who have dedicated their time and talents to help others.
- Lunar New Year Festival – Bring in the Lunar New Year with this annual festival featuring performances, games, a night market and more.
- Socials – Meet new friends and bond with old ones at our socials. With or without ice cream, it's a great way to get to know each other.
- Trips – APSP has organized special trips to places such as the annual Manzanar Pilgrimage, which is held the last Saturday of April at the Manzanar National Historic site, approximately 210 miles north of Los Angeles.
- Workshops – Teach or attend workshops throughout the year on topics such as time management, career planning, parental pressures, origami and more.
Joining a student organization is the fastest way to get connected, make a difference in various causes, and have a voice in determining campus activities. Check out the student organizations that are affiliated with APSP below.
909 – Hip-Hop Dance Troupe
Asian Pacific Islander Student Advisory Council (APISAC) – This council is a forum for direct exchange between APSP and UCR’s API student organizations.
AF3IRM – Action/Political
Alpha Kappa Delta Phi – Fraternity/Sorority
Alpha Phi Omega – Service
Bengali Student Alliance (BSA) – Cultural
Chinese Martial Arts Club (CMAC) – Competitive/Sports Teams
Chinese Student Association (CSA) – Cultural
Filipino Martial Arts Club – Competitive/Sports Team
Filipinos in Health Science (FIHS) – Academic/Professional
Hallyu at UCR – Cultural
Hanoori Korean Student Association – Cultural
Hmong Student Association (HSA) – Cultural
Karate Club – Competitive/Sports Teams
Katipunan Pilipino Student Organization – Cultural
Model Minority Theatre Collective at UCR – Arts
Nikkei Student Union – Cultural
Oceania Dance Club – Arts
Origami Club – Arts
Pacific Islander Student Alliance (PISA) – Cultural
Pakistani Student Association – Cultural
Pi Delta Psi – Fraternity/Sorority
Pilipino Studies Collective (PST) – Cultural
Queer Association of Asian Pacific Islanders – Cultural
Senryu Taiko – Arts & Expression
Sikh Student Association – Cultural
South Asian Federation – Action/Political
Students For Chinatown – Action/Political
Thai Student Union – Cultural
Vietnamese Student Association (VSA) – Cultural
To find out about these student organizations, contact APSP at (951) 827-7272, stop by 244 Costo Hall of visit studentlife.ucr.edu.